Thursday 1 January 2015

Memorable Station on the Inokashira Line

「」をアップロードできませんでした。Invalid response: Unexpected token U in JSON at position 0
Set number 1721F of the EMU Keio 1000 series arrives at Takaido Station on the Inokashira Line
 
Happy New Year! The year 2015 has begun. At the opening of New Year, I am going to show you my meorable railway station.

Takaido Station is located on the Keio-Inokashira Line and is close to my kindergarten. Although I went to kindergarten normally by school bus, I sometimes used a train, if the school bus didn't run.

Takaido was a quiet station at that time. All trains were local. No trains passed through this station. There were short and narrow separate platforms on the dual track. Since it is located on a small hill, I could look over the tower of my kindergarten from the platform. The main fleet on the Inokashira Line was an old green colored train without air-conditioners. The boarded floor had the smell of varnish. An old nose suspension drive system generated the unique rattling sound.

Today, Takaido Station has totally changed. The platform has been reconstructed as a wide and spacious island style one, but it has become noisy, because a new highway penetrates under the platform. I can't see the tower of my kindergarten anymore, because the station area has become crowded with buildings. The trains have also totally changed. The latest model, the EMU 1000 series, arrives at and leaves the station all the time. Some of them are express trains, which pass through the station at high speed.

Only a feeling, which I still have the same as my childhood, is "excitement", when the train climbs up the hill and approaches the station. Sparkling in the morning sun, the trains are very beautiful. As the boy, so the man.

 
Set number 1726F of the EMU Keio 1000 series arrives at Takaido Station on the Inokashira Line