Saturday 29 November 2014

Late Autumn on the Tokyu Setagaya Line

Set number 305 of the electric car Tokyu 300 series stands at Yamashita Stop on the Setagaya Line
 
An "autumn leaves front" is going southward in Japan. It is also making a plunge from the high mountains to the plains. The leaves on the urban trees have turned red, yellow and brown. I enjoyed a stroll around my home.

Kitazawagawa Greenway is my favorite walking trail. It was originally a small stream, named Kitazawa River, but was covered and changed to a greenway for flood disaster prevention several years ago. Although the beautiful stream has become a culvert, trees on the river banks have been preserved just as they were.

After walking the greenway, I reached Yamashita Stop on the Tokyu Setagaya Line. I could see the beautiful bright colors of the sunset in the western heavens; meanwhile, it was a deep ultramarine color in the eastern sky. Trains backed by this ultramarine colored sky give photographers many beautiful subjects. The twilight hour is the most photogenic period for me.

I shot several trains arriving at the Yamashita stop. They were electric rail cars, 300 series. As I mentioned before, the 300 series is the only model operated on the Setagaya Line. A total of 10 sets have been manufactured so far. Each set is a different color. They are red, light blue, blue, green, yellow, orange, turquoise green, dark pink, light purple and ex-Tamaden color. This time, I am going to show you the dark pink colored tram, set number 305F, as the top photo.
 
Kitazawagawa Greenway (left) near Yamashita Stop on the Tokyu Setagaya Line